When I received the email about the lesson for the Friday teaching I was so worried that the topic is kinda difficult for kids to understand. For months now that I am teaching aged 5-6 I know that it will be more interactive if I will be using visuals that can truly capture their interest.
Lesson: Our Father Cares
Aim – To help children understand that God cares,provides and protects his people. We really need not to worry if we completely put our trust to HIM.
Discussion – First I asked the kids what is their greatest fear. Is there particular things that they are afraid of. Actually this part is truly amazing because when you start to ask questions to them there will be an never-ending replies from them. Interaction is the main key!
Some of them said darkness while the others said monster,dinosaurs, ghosts and mu-mu. Then I asked again how they usually deal with their fears. I smiled when I got only one answer from them ” I always pray teacher when I am afraid”. Hearing the answer from them I knew right away that these kids will surely understand the topic for the day.
Bible Story – Book of Exodus
- Moses called by God to bring Israelites out to a new land
- Pharoah unwilling to let them go
- God sends ten plagues until Pharoah agrees
1.The Nile river turns to blood. All the fish die and the Egyptians have to dig new wells for water.
2. Frogs come up from the water and cover the land. When they die, all of Egypt smells really bad.
3. Gnats (which are those teeny tiny bugs) come up from the dust and swarm over all of Egypt.
4. Flies swarm over all the land, causing all kinds of problems with sickness and food and comfort.
5. The cows and donkeys and sheep in Egypt will get sick and die except for the Hebrew’s livestock.
6. Sores (called boils) break out on all the Egyptians, all over their bodies, but not on the Hebrews.
7. A great hailstorm destroys the crops in the fields and kills many of the Egyptian’s livestock.
8. A swarm of beetles called locusts swarms over the fields and eats the remaining plants and crops.
9. Total darkness covers all of Egypt for three days, however the Hebrews still have light.
10. The firstborn son of every family will die except for the families that put the blood of a lamb on their door.
In Exodus we can see how Egyptians were begging the king to let the Hebrews go, but he was so hard-hearted that he still refused. So what finally convinced the king to let the Hebrew slaves go?The king woke up in the middle of the night to the queen’s cry because their oldest son had died. He went right away to Moses and told him to leave Egypt.
- Pharoah changed his minds again and wanted them back
- Pharoah sent his soldiers to bring the people back to be slaves
The Bible says that the Hebrews called out to God for help.
- God sent an angel to guard the back of the people
- God put cloud between the people and the army so they Egyptians could not see properly
- God told Moses to hold out his arm over the sea and a strong wind blew back the water and made a dry path.
- The Israelites went through the path to safety
- The Egyptian chariots got stuck in the mud and the water came back and drowned them.
Memory Verse – Leave all your worries with God, for He cares for you (1 Peter 5: 7)
Fortunately, my schedule was after Valentines’s day.What’s a heart’s day without some hearts thrown in?
I decided to print and cut out lots of hearts card. When I look at these beautiful people, it just makes me happy to think that kids will surely impress their parents with their handmade cards.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover how easy and fun this project was. They all get excited!
Super simple…but what a nice gift to give to someone that definitely says “i love you” all over it. I would definitely be impressed and delighted to receive something like this…