Inigo loves painting and playing balloons. I thought the balloon caterpillar painting would be a great idea to do for our letter of the week series.
We’ve done a lot of activities for our Cc is for caterpillar so I guess injecting some messy free art activity would be our best bet! For our Cc for Caterpillar Art Session involves two things Inigo love- painting with balloons and The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
- Googly eyes
- Popsicle sticks
- Green, Blue and Red Tempera Paint
- Squeeze tempera paints onto a paper plate or other surface that’s easily accessible to little hands. We used red, green, and a dab of blue.
- Dip the balloon into the paint and stamp them onto your paper to create a caterpillar.
- Use a black marker or crayon to draw legs.
- Cut off small pieces of purple craft stick and glue onto your caterpillar for antennae.
- Add some googly eyes to your caterpillar.
So naturally we spent an entire day discussing not only the book but caterpillars too!