I guess by now you are convinced that my baking mojo is back. If you are on diet but still wants to satisfy the sweetness cravings then I recommend to try this recipe.
This nutritious bread is easy to mix up and will make the whole house smell wonderful.
Banana Oatmeal Bread
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp canola oil
- 3 large bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats (I used the oatmeal that my sister gave to me it’s a mixture of nuts and raisins- for added flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add oil and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add bananas and oatmeal to batter.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.
This is Raquiza’s most requested bread. She even posted it on her Facebook asking me to bake more!! So I highly recommend it to give it a try!