For the month of May we will be teaching the Heroes of the bible and among of all the heroes written on the bible Joseph is the one of the greatest example. His humbleness,faithfulness and loyalty are one of the many strong characters that we need to impart to our kids.
The aim of the story is to show that Joseph was faithful to God during the hard times and the good times. Because of this, God blessed Joseph and saved his family during the famine.
And because I am part of the Arts and Crafts team we are assigned to prepare the activity of the level 1 kids ranging from 3-6 years old. What a better way to demonstrate the bible story than a Joseph and the coat of many colors.
Memory Verse: For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him (Psalm 31:23)
Joseph Crafts – Hand Crafts Stick Puppet
- Crafts sticks
- Construction papers or A4 papers
- Magazine scraps
1.Cut out the Joseph shape
2. Cut out the coat shape. We used sticky back plastic (contact paper) but card would work just as well.
3. Fold Joseph over so that the two halves fit on top of each other. Tape a lolly stick to the inside of the Joseph shape and then glue the two halves together.
4. You may decorate one half of the coat shape with lots of colors. Tape the sides of the coat together so it won’t come off the figure.
6. Give the puppet a smiley face.
I never enrolled in baking class but I love baking that even though I have so many “palpak outcome” I will never quit! So today’s post is one of those days that I wished I listen to my instinct.
I tried the 3-ingredients Nutella Muffins and it didn’t turned out as moist and delicious muffins as I expected. Maybe I over beat the batter or tinipid ko yung nutella or maybe sadyang palpak lang period!
However,if you still want to try the recipe these three-ingredient can actually do the trick. The ingredients are just Nutella,eggs and flour. How nice and simple is that, yet I failed! huhu
If you’ll bake the recipe, please let me know if your muffins become fudgy and moist para mainggit ako..haha
3- Ingredients Nutella Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 . Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together Add the Nutella. Whisk them together until your mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Add flour and gently stir in it just until the flour streaks disappear. Don’t over work with it or your muffin will be tough as mine.
- Bake the muffins for about 13-15 minutes until the tops are puffed and cracked and spring back when lightly pressed.
The message of today’s activity is LOVE,HOPE and FAITH.
And love is best shown when we choose to put someone else’s needs before our own.
Like Jesus did.
Here’s a fun way you can share the sweet message of LOVE,HOPE and FAITH with the sick people.
After our Mathematics lesson little A asked me if we can’t still paint. Since it’s been ages that we never dip our brush and use our paints I was so happy to obliged with him.
I used the opportunity of teaching him about HOPE and ACT of KINDNESS. Every person who is in a difficult season will be uplifted upon receiving a hand made card made especially for them.
Sometimes I find the simple things incredibly helpful to focus on others.
I like to prayerfully ask, “How can we be a blessing to someone today?” It gets my mind off my own troubles and onto being a part of the healing of someone else’s troubles.
We made two for today and planning to add more tomorrow. Then I will give the cards to Compassion Ministry to make someone’s life hopeful.
Have Faith Jesus loves you!!
Happy Card making!
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:16-18
I just love the creativity that went into this Grand Prix Ferrari 1st Birthday Party.
It always amaze me when parents are so involved in the preparation of their child’s birthday. Every details are worth capturing.
I love everything about it. Kudo’s Mike and Michelle for such a wonderful party.
I felt like a kid in a car race party.
Any little guy would die for a Grand Prix Ferrari party like this one! A real life car racing cake, amazing food and sweets, motorized car ferrari’s…what more could you ask for?! Such a cute party. Happy 1st Birthday Chael!
Hubby was off last Monday kaya naman mega lambing ang little A na sunduin siya in his school. Since they were already within the vicinity he passed by Karama Fish Market then he saw huge mussels are all around.He bought 1 kilo and we cooked it two way, half for Tinolang Tahong para me sabaw and the rest we decided to baked it.
A popular pulutan in our country, Baked Tahong is a very simple appetizer or cocktail dish that is made out of baked mussels and cheese.
Traditionally this is prepared with lots of butter and cheese baked together,but I opted to add garlic as a complement to the flavors.
20 pcs large green mussels
2-3 cloves of pressed garlic
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Place mussels in a pan; add 1/4 cup water then cook over medium heat covered, once all shells are opened remove from pan then drain. Once cooled down remove the top shell and place on a baking tray.
2. In a pan add butter and melt in medium heat, add garlic and sauté in low heat until it turns golden brown.
3. Place a teaspoon of butter mixture on each mussel then top it with a tsp of grated cheese.
4. Set oven to grill setting at 180C then grill mussels for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.
Salmon fillets seasoned with a garlic, Dijon herb sauce and served with a squeeze of fresh lemon… delicious!!
Salmon is one of my favorite fish dishes to make, and this is a fabulous way to prepare it!
The basting sauce is fantastic and just bursts with flavor. It was a perfect match for salmon!
Baked Garlic Dijon Herb Salmon
- 1.5 lbs salmon
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 large OR 3 small cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1.Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a rimmed baking dish with foil.
3. In a small bowl, combine all herbs, 2-3 cloves pressed garlic, 1.5 tsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1/8 cup olive oil and 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Cut salmon into even portions: I made 4 generous cuts of salmon. Lay them onto your lined baking dish skin side down.
5. Bake at 450 °F for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked through. Don’t over-cook or your fish will be dry. Voila! Easy, excellent dish.
Let’s take a break from baking and switched on to cooking. This recipe is originally from Kris TV. I find it so easy kaya I gave it a try and it was really a hit! They are all raving for it. In fact they are begging me to cook it again kasi nabitin daw sila.
I innovated the recipe by adding broccoli. This is really good and presents a different way to enjoy pasta! Perfectly suitable for seafood lovers.
What makes this dish special is the use of garlic-infused olive oil to bring out the flavors of your main ingredients: the seafood & pasta.
Here’s the full recipe.
500 g. pasta ( fettucini, linguini or similar)
1/2 cup olive oil
one head of garlic, peeled
300 g. prawns, peeled and deveined
Juice and zest of one lemon
10 g basil
2 tbsp. butter
1 head of broccoli
A little salt to taste
1. Cook the pasta al dente, nine to 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Proceed to make garlic-infused olive oil. In a small saucepan, combine olive oil and garlic cloves and make sure flame is set to very low so as not to scorch both the oil and garlic. Do this or 20 minutes, or more if you have time. The longer the garlic stays in oil at low flame, the more flavorful it will be.
3. Saute the broccoli and prawns in 1/4 cup garlic oil until it changes color, about one or two minutes. Add butter, lemon juice and zest then toss with pasta. Season with a little salt. Add more oil if needed.
4. Served with garlic bread.