Posted in Family matters, Holidays, Married Life, Our little man, Parenting style, Weekend escapades

The day I almost die…

is when I saw my son locked inside our car HELPLESS AND ALONE!!

I don’t know if I have to share this post or not. Im having a second thought. Of course I am afraid that people will judge us as parents or you might throw tomatoes on our face or since I can’t see you in person tataasan nio ko ng kikay while reading this.
But I guess, sometimes in life we learn from our experience, yun nga lang most of the times we learned it in a hard way.

It took me a while to convinced myself that maybe from this experience other parents may benefit.

Bago pa kayo mag isip kung anong nangyari, let me first thank Abu Dhabi Police, Our kabayan (sila kuya na di ko nakuha ung names) and the other guys na ibang lahi who are very helpful to us. Thank you so much for comforting us and for lending your helping hand to us.

Anyway, without further ado, here’s the kwento na!

As you know we celebrated Raquiza’s birthday at Yas Waterworld. Syempre before umuwi picture-picture muna since we don’t have group pics and for souvenir purpose na din. While the girls are having fun, hubby decided that he and little A will go ahead na sa car and we’ll just follow na lang.

After 10 minutes we followed na din. While I was walking palapit sa car, I saw hubby knocking on the door and talking to little A. I thought they were just playing peekaboo..since my son likes playing. But when hubby told me that the car was locked and little A was inside nagulat ako and natakot ako. I saw my son helplessly reaching the lock and trying his best to follow daddy’s instruction. I was in panic but hubby said na kalma lang daw..

At the back of my mind I don’t know how will I stay calm knowing that my son was stuck on his car seat alone. I tried my very best to talk to him and assure him that we are just outside and trying our best to open the car.

After 5 minutes there were kabayan na lumapit and asking us what happen. When we told them the story that my son was trapped inside the car, they told me that I could call 999 for help.

I called 999 right away and informed them our situation. The officer then told me to call 800- 2000. With my trembling hands I quickly dialed the number and to my dismay I’m not getting any response. I called 999 again and told the officer that no one is picking up the phone and that if he can help us. I was sobbing and begging him to send us help.

He asked our exact location and after few minutes I received a call from the police informing me that they are on their way. On the other hand while waiting for the police to arrive hubby, kabayans and the ibang lahi are trying their best to open the door. Binaklas-baklas na nila ung window ng car and even look for something like hammer para mapukpuk na ung window. Incase you’re wondering what happen to the little boy we continued to talk to him and destruct him para di sia mainip. I can see that he’s desperately trying to reach the key in the front but he cant. He’s already sweating by this time. And I was praying hard that all the angels in heaven cover him with protection. I was praying that God send the police na.

After 5 minutes of waiting I heard the sound of police car. I can’t even count how many mobile cars came basta all I can remember is that upon seeing the police I sobbed na. I was crying and thanking them for their quick response.

The next thing I knew is that we were talking to little A and instructing him to cover his eyes dahil babasagin na ung window ng car. I feel so relieved when I saw hubby’s hand trying reach the lock of the car. Sa sobrang bilis ng pangyayari ang naalala ko na lang is hugging my son and asking him if he’s ok.

In which he replied na “im ok but where’s my lollipop”. O my goodness with all the drama happen he’s still thinking of the loliipop that I promised to him.

When he came down to the car there were police officers who assisted us going to the ambulance. Since super dami nag paparazzi that time they need to cover us from people. Naku eksena talaga sa pelikula..I swear!! I am still in a deep shock but they need to check little A’s condition. They checked his heartbeat and blood pressure. They also asked question to little A if he has any wound at eto ang sagot nia taas-taas ang kamay ” see no blood, I told you I don’t have wounds”..I am very much happy to see him in his usual kakulitan it erased my fear that it may cause trauma to him. After making sure that everything is fine with him they allowed us to go down na sa ambulance. I was really nervous na baka me press. Di pa ko handang makita ang family ko sa Gulf News..hehe

After makababa ng ambulance I saw my husband talking to the police officer, I asked Raquiza to looked after little A and I just want to make sure that hubby and I is not in trouble. I am so afraid that they might put us in jail. I asked the officer what’s going on and what is the document that hubby needs to sign. It’s Arabic kasi kaya di ko maintindihan. They said that nothing to worry that’s only for their report.

At the back I can see that the other policemen were so aliw with little A who keeps on dancing and singing Gangnam Style.

After signing the report,thanking the police officers and the people who helped us,we went back to our car but one civilian who happen to be CID starting to question us again. He introduced himself us CID nga. Hubby narrated the story again that he’ s putting little A to the car seat when little A started to play the key. The CID officer talked to the other policemen and instructed them to send us to Khalifa Police Station for further investigation.

It took us 30 minutes to drive all the way Yas Island to Khalifa. I instructed Ann and Raquiza to look for little A while me and hubby went inside the police headquarter. They instructed us to wait for a while on the lounge.

After 15 minutes, they called us and told us to talked to the commanding officer. When I looked up saw the signage “Criminal Investigation Unit”. Parang gusto ko ng mahimatay sa takot but our faith keep us strong.

The CO asked questions again and even took hubby’s license and ID. He told us to narrate the story again. He said that the next time it will happen again don’t call the police na daw just do something right away. I butt in and told him that we are doing our best to open the door is just that we don’t have the right material to break the window.

He also said that we have to be careful next time and he hopes that this will not happen again. After few minutes of investigation we were then asked that we can leave and just wait outside for the report. They will give us daw accident report for insurance.

Before giving the report he said that he wanted to see our son. When little A saw the police he waved his hand and said “hi” right away.

It was almost 11pm when we left Khalifa Headquarter. We are all hungry,exhausted and tired from our experience. But I must say that I have learned so many lesson talaga that night.

To all parents here’s my unsolicited advise:

  • In times like thisnever show to your child na nagpapanic kayo..stay calm as much as possible. Mahirap but this will help to lessen the tension
  • Always..ALWAYS bring your spare key.
  • Teach your child to learn how to open the door and the window.
  • Never..never let your child play the car key..
  • Never..never blame your hubby/wife sa nangyari. It will not help. Mag- aaway lang kayo!
  • Always save the emergency number on your mobile.
  • Above all, trust everything to GOD that everything will be ok..

And to you silly little boy..thank you for your braveness. For not letting mommy freaked out. For showing me how big boy you are..We love you so much anak. Sorry for putting you in danger!! Please forgive us. Next time anak, please don’t play the key,ok!! I almost died that night but you made me strong kasi ang brave mo. You never cried nor wailed. Thank you Jesus for covering my son with your precious blood. I know you sent all the angels in heaven para maprotektahan ang aming anak. Thank you so much for always guiding us..

And to other parents like us, I hope that somehow eh me napulot kayong aral sa aming kwento kasi kami madami!! hehe

Have a fab long weekend UAE!!








One thought on “The day I almost die…

  1. Many thanks for sharing your experience though you’re aware that it may harbour all sorts of reactions. Big congratulations to you and Al for handling the situation wisely and calmly. There’s no better way to handle it than what you’ve done. You have a very bright and assured little boy. Keep up the good job of raising him. May our loving Lord keep you and your family safe and healthy always. Mwah!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s