With the summer months in full swing, take a moment to enjoy the relaxing afternoon by serving your family with a healthy sweets. Although many people would consider the words healthy and sweets lifelong enemies that cannot come together,unbelievely they can!
Healthy desserts are those that have a high nutritional value and prepared from a base of fruits and low fat yoghurt. Diets that include milk products such as low-fat yogurt tend to have a higher overall nutritional quality. Low-fat yogurt is a healthy food choice because, in addition to being rich in high-quality protein and energizing carbohydrates, contains many vitamins and minerals.
You will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nutella chocolate spread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas, yogurt and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (do not overmix).
- Spoon hazelnut spread into medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or until softened. Stir in 1 cup of the banana bread batter until well blended.
- Spoon 1/3 of the plain banana bread batter into loaf pan, top with half of the hazelnut batter; repeat layers ending with plain banana bread batter on top. Insert knife into batter, and swirl slightly.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. After 45 minutes, check top of bread for browning. If it’s browning too quickly, cover lightly with foil for remainder of bake time. Cool 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Enjoy with coffee or tea