Have you ever experience that you want to nibble a food but you don’t know exactly what you really like to eat.
Well apparently for some reason I don’t want eat my usual dinner but I know I am craving for something. Then I opened the fridge those fries and chicken popcorn are begging to me. It is without the doubt that fries are considered the most comfort foods.But I’m tired of the usual plain fries that is more often unexciting.
Here’s another way to eat your plain,dull and boring fries.
Spice up them with special recipe made of olive oil,salt and herbs made more delectable with garlic powder.
This fries will simply ROCK your world. Funny how one would still call them “fries” when really they are not “fried” in anything. Can we just call them healthy french fries,shall we??
Oven Baked Herbs Seasoned Fries
- Store bought fries (you may 3 large potatoes)
- 1 1/2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and cut potatoes into 1/8ths. (if you’re using fresh potatoes)
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil (I used Reynolds Release foil so that they will not stick, but you could also either use non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease the top of the foil with extra virgin olive oil).
- Mix all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Place all of the potatoes into a large freezer bag, add olive oil and the spice mixture to the bag.
- Seal the bag and shake until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Once thoroughly coated dump onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown. (Baking times will vary depending on the amount of fries that you make and the size that you cut them). For the ones shown in the picture they were baked at 425 for 45 minutes.
Remember I also have chicken popcorn, I just drizzle them with olive oil and add dried oregano and bake them along with the fries.
Have I told you that even little A RAVED over them and I mean RAVED that he’s asking for more..