As days passed by the temperature here in UAE continue to rise. Can’t bear the heat of the sun..ang sakit sa ulo!!
So instead of going out we prefer to stay in our house and just watch movies. If summer means staying at home this will allow me to have a lot of time to bake. That is why my love for cinnamon and Nutella blossomed. I don’t know how will you categorized Cinnamon rolls/buns for some it is donned as breakfast, for others it is considered as dessert. But for me I can go gaga nibbling these anytime of the day without thinking of my waistline!! hahaha..
Even if the process involves a little mixing,kneading and waiting. It’s worth the wait- just be patient and you will have these delicious, fluffy,and soft cinnamon rolls for you and your loved one.
I’ve never seen little A devour anything I’ve made quite so fast, which meant we have addition to his list of favorites.
Nutella – Cinnamon Rolls
3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- Nutella chocolate spread
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture and Nutella.Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm