I am not fond of eating oatmeal.I really don’t know but no matter how I forced myself to liked it. I can’t talaga. I tried adding/putting fruits,milk or chocolate powder.Pero wala pa ring effect. Hubby is always teasing me that Little A inherited my kaartehan on being a picky eater.
Daddy Al: Siguro talaga sayo nagmana yang si Angelo sa pagiging picky eater.
Mommy Quel: Hello! Natural at his age kaya talagang picky eater sila. Tsaka anong magagawa ko if di ko feel ung oatmeal. (Maarte nga..harhar!)
Being said, we are still trying to be more knowledgeable about serving food to Little A. So while his taking his afternoon nap, I slaved myself in the kitchen and baked his favorite cookie. But this time,I tweaked it by simply adding oatmeal. (Yes,I did! – for a change).After all, I also added chocolate chip for my sweet tooth..
And it works for both of us. Mind you, Little A ate 4 cookies in just one seating.
Mommy : How does it taste Angelo?
Angelo: It’s yummy mommy!!
Don’t you liked it when your son likes the food you served for them?? Now, I can add this to our list of favorites.
Here’s the recipe in case you want to try:
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
* recipe from Betty Crocker website